Innovations in Care
A few of our favorite offerings, jobs and resources you won't want to miss!
- Jobs at MDA: If you're seeking to start or advance your career with a purpose, MDA is an employer that will enable you to #LiveUnlimited. We're committed to recruiting, hiring, and promoting people with disabilities and veterans. Search for jobs near you.
- Jobs at Microsoft: Microsoft’s Mission is to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. We believe that people with disabilities have incredible strengths that we need to help us build the best products and services for everyone. Visit Microsoft Inclusive Hiring and see what it’s like to work for Microsoft!
- Respectability Fellowships: The National Leadership Program is ideal for people who want to gain media, policy, communications and development skills and contacts while making a positive difference for people with disabilities. We are looking for creative, results-driven individuals who want to achieve breakthrough results while getting hands-on experience. The fellowship is for college and graduate students, as well as for people transitioning into the workforce for the first time or back into the workforce after a break. Apply today!
- AAPD Career Center: Looking for a job? Check out AAPD’s new Career Center – a tool for job-seekers with disabilities to search for employment opportunities as well as a place for employers to post jobs and connect with potential employees with disabilities.
- HelpJuice: offers scholarships worth $1400 per student for 2 students/freshman. Helpjuice Scholarships help propel the next generation of young technology entrepreneurs, developers, and marketers. Applicants must be currently attending University or College or set to attend during the 2019-2020 academic year. To apply, applicants need to submit one piece of work. There are no limits on the form of this work, but we ask that it’s something they truly believe in and have worked hard on. To find out more, follow this link. Deadline is August 20, 2019.
- SortOutMy.Life: offers a $500 scholarship every 4 months to students who demonstrate how being organized and planning has positively affected their life success. Student must be graduating high school, current undergraduate or graduate student at a 2-year 4-year, vocational or technical institution in the US. Must be a US Citizen or permanent legal resident. An application is required to be filled out with 500 words max. Learn more here.
- U.S. Department of State’s Gilman International Scholarship Program: The U.S. Department of State's Gilman International Scholarship Program broadens the student population that studies and interns abroad by supporting undergraduates who might not otherwise participate due to financial constraints. It is an inclusive program that encourages participation of students who have been historically underrepresented in education abroad, including students with disabilities. The Gilman Program provides awards of up to $5,000 for study or intern abroad for summer, semester, or academic year programs. Applications for Summer and fall 2018/ Academic Year 2018-2019 is currently open and all eligible students are encouraged to apply! Apply today!
- Mobility Equipment Webinar by MDA: Finding the right mobility equipment can be stressful. Wheelchairs, scooters and mobility equipment aren’t one size fits all. Finding the right mobility equipment to meet the needs of an individual living with neuromuscular disease takes time and research. This webinar provides tips on how to get started ahead of time to determine the best option for you or a loved one. View it here.
- MDA Care Centers
- MDA Resource Center
- MDA Summer Camp
- Community Education
- MDA Engage Events
- Young Adults