Innovations in Science
Attendees are encouraged to submit abstracts for poster presentations during the conference. A select number of abstracts will be chosen for platform presentations. We are especially interested in submissions on the following topics focused on neuromuscular disease:
- Cardiac and Pulmonary Involvement in Neuromuscular Disease
- Care Across the Lifespan
- Cell-Based Modeling and Screening
- Clinical Trials
- Cognitive and Behavioral Aspects of Neuromuscular Diseases
- DNA and RNA Repeat Diseases
- Gene-Targeting Therapies
- Imaging and Biomarkers
- In Vivo Models and Experimental Therapeutics
- Inflammation, Immune Mechanisms and Therapeutic Approaches
- Newborn Screening
- Nuclear Membrane
- Outcome Measures for Neuromuscular Diseases
- Physical, Occupational and Speech Therapy
- Practical Implementation of New Therapies
- Protein Homeostasis
- Regeneration and Repair
- Strategies for Managing an MDA Care Center
- Technology in Healthcare
- What's New in CMT
- What's New in Inclusion Body Myositis
- What's New in Ultra Rare Neuromuscular Diseases
- Scientific- Other
The deadline for abstracts is Tuesday, January 29,2019. Abstracts must be submitted through the conference registration site. Submit Your Abstract Now! Submit Your Abstract Now!
We encourage conference participation by all who have a strong commitment to clinical care and therapy development in neuromuscular disease.
ABSTRACT SUBMISSION DEADLINE IS TUESDAY, JANUARY 29, 2019
- Abstract title has a maximum of 150 characters (which includes spaces)
- Abstract text has a maximum of 2,000 characters (which includes spaces)
- A maximum of two abstracts may be submitted per attendee
- Include all names of contributing authors
- If contributing author is a trainee, indicate status as either undergraduate, predoctoral, (MS, MD, or PhD student) or postdoctoral.
- Indicate whether you would like your poster to be considered for an oral presentation.
- Figures and diagrams are not permitted in abstract.
- Include background, objectives, approach, results, and conclusions.
- All submitted abstracts will be presented at the poster sessions to be held Monday, April 15, 2019 (odd numbers) & Tuesday, April 16, 2019 (even numbers)
- The poster size is 36" WIDE x 48" HIGH (portrait orientation)
Late Breaking Abstract Submissions
We’re excited to announce a call for Late Breaking Abstract Submissions as part of MDA’s 2019 Clinical and Scientific Conference April 13-17, 2019.
- Late-breaking abstracts can be submitted for the “Clinical Trials” session only
- Up to 3 late breaking abstracts will be selected for oral presentation during the “Clinical Trials” Session on Tuesday, April 16, 2019
- Deadline for the late breaking abstracts is March 18, 2019. This is four (4) weeks prior to the conference.
- Submissions will be accepted via the Abstract Submission portal which will be available starting February 18, 2019. Please click here to submit.
- Late Breaking submission criteria:
- Reports recent clinical trial results with major impact in the neuromuscular disease community
- The data in the abstract must not be published prior to the start of the MDA conference on April 14, 2019
- A late-breaking abstract should contain new information. It may comprise either results that were not yet known, or fully available, on the regular abstract submission deadline, January 29, 2019. It is not intended to be merely an extension of the general submission deadline.
- Late Breaking Abstracts will undergo MDA review
MDA 2019 Embargo Policy
Information in abstracts accepted for 2019 MDA Clinical and Scientific Conference will be under embargo from release until the start of the Conference, April 14th, 2019. Data from abstracts of all accepted oral, digital oral and hard copy poster presentations accepted for the conference are under media embargo until the date and time of their presentation as part of the official scientific sessions.
- Grants at a Glance
- Research Grants
- Creating a New Therapy
- What We've Achieved
- MDA Venture Philanthropy
- MDA Annual Conference
- 2019 Clinical & Scientific Conference
- 2018 Clinical Conference
- MOVR Data Hub
- Newborn Screening for Neuromuscular Diseases
- Cost of Illness of Neuromuscular Diseases in the US
- Medical Education and Resources
- Contact Our Research Team